Friday, July 01, 2005

The girls here rarely get a chance to wear their summer shoes.

Ah! Sweating in the rain, my very favourite sensation. Lovely!
The band has been busy of late as we have this guy helping us out and we all fear him. He's a hard arse and he's getting us all to talk to y'all. You may think that it seems like a long time ago that we actually really done anything but plans are afoot boys and girls. I suppose this is a way for you folks to get to know us guys a little better but there will be tears and there will be laughter.
I am a little hungover today as I went out for a little drinky with my sister last night, it was her birthday last week and I promised to go out dancing with her. She has a son. He's three years old and looks like a little Buddha, a big lad. We went to the Art School union here in Glasgow town. There was drinking and there was dancing and there was me complaining about my itchy chin. You see my sister is making me grow a beard and it's driving me nuts. She will have a beard AND a baby to look after, we can't have that! Very itchy indeed. I've even consulted our very wise and properly bearded guitarist for tips. I don't know if I can last any longer. Maybe I should start up some kind of poll on this very prickly issue. I probably complained a lot about my ever increasing beer belly too. It's getting bad, certain much loved shirts can no longer be worn in public, but the beer is so sweet. I don't want to get all Bukowski on you but sometimes life is just no fun and the beer takes away the hard edges if you know what I mean.

Oh Yeah! Before I sign off, I would like to indulge in some shameless advertising for an upcoming gig involving my other band. I don't know if I can (or want to because you'll laugh at me) tell you the name here but check out the 13th Note website/literature. The gig is on Saturday the 9th of July at the 13th Note cafe, King St, here in Glasgow. It is free and the music will be eclectic. There will be a live performance by my gang. I don't know how to describe the music but there is a drummer, a bass player, an egg headed computer/electronic music boffin and a sexy lady singer. The music is fun and we demand some dancing. I will DJ (Can, Tortoise, Faust etc) as will my friend Christie (robotic fun) and also a dj/i-pod set from Glasgows finest and most glamorous electro rockers, The Retrosexuals. www.theretrosexuals.com
Hasta luego.
Lee

1 Comments:

Blogger cameraobscura said...

Howdy!
It's late and my chin aint itchy like it was last week. Ok Yoshi, you win. Your beer belly is probably better too! But I don't think I really deserve my own tribute band, thank you anyway. I don't think you'll ever realise how much that MrT talking box thing saved our sanity during the us tour. "Quit your jibber jabber!"
Lee

4:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home